We are committed to act as a responsible partner to all our stakeholders and to address impacts that our business operations may have on the environment and society. We integrate social, environmental risk and economic considerations in all business decisions, operations and business development.
Our corporate responsibility strategy sets out the Bank’s sustainability and social responsibility principles, goals and priorities. The strategy was unanimously approved by the Bank’s Management Committee.
The ESG strategy is reflected in the operation of all the Bank's organisational units, while OTP Bank’s Marketing and Communication Directorate is responsible for managing and coordinating corporate social responsibility at Group level, and all foreign subsidiaries have a designated manager responsible for CSR.
The main pillars of our strategy
Our contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) adopted by the UN designed to be a new, universal blueprint for development by 2030, calling to action to end poverty, fight against climate change and reduction of inequalities. As demonstrated by our sustainability focal points and objectives, OTP Group is committed to foster these goals.
- As significant participants in several markets and through our tax payments we contribute to the economic, financial and social stability of the region.
- Through responsible disbursement of the funds of our depositors, our lending activity and investments we have an impact on the delivery of basic needs like providing access to housing and the utilisation of natural resources.
- Following the principles of equal opportunity we strive to provide accessible sevices and we offer basic banking functions to the disadvantaged persons as well and by improving financial literacy we also support sound financial decisions.
- As a major employer we are committed to responsible employment, equal opportunity, ensuring the opportunity of personal development and work-life balance.
- To protect the environment we offer several green financial products and we strive to use resources efficiently during our operation.
- Through our donations we play an active role in the development of local communities and in supporting disadvantaged persons, communities.
Our sustainability governance
In relation to our stakeholders, we aim to enforce the principles of fair and honest business conduct, which are set out by the Code of Ethics, our internal policies and our organisational culture.
OTP Group has an extremely broad stakeholder base, and we have identified and defined our company’s most important stakeholders using a stakeholder map. In identifying them, we have taken stock of OTP Group’s activities, processes and the resulting impacts; we have identified who is affected and how. As a result, we give special priority to our customers, employees and investors.
Each member company of the Banking Group liaises with stakeholder groups according to their organisational characteristics and the specific stakeholder characteristics. Exploring the views of our stakeholders is a priority, as meeting expectations ensures the Group’s social legitimacy.
We also take feedback into account in the design of our activities and programmes, and stakeholder expectations are integrated into our ESG strategy.
The material sustainability issues of OTP Group have been identified through management assessment and extensive stakeholder research, in line with the materiality principle.